Kids (and Teacher) at Work

In November former students Sarah Takash and Bridget Savage spent the afternoon with eighth graders and me.  They had asked if I would be amenable to acting as the subject of a video assignment for a class they were taking at Communications High School.

Just last week, they sent me the link to their finished project, and I am thoroughly impressed and humbled.  These girls captured me, engaged with some of your children, in a pithy, nuanced film that makes me proud, not just of them, but of what I have chosen to do with my life.  I cannot thank them, and all my students, former and current, enough.

Teaching for the Future

“‘His work says little that is new’

According to one slick review

But the pupils are his masterpiece.”

from “Writer and Teacher” by Seamus Heaney

2 thoughts on “Kids (and Teacher) at Work

1. Hi there,

I teach a class of Y8 & 9 students in Hamilton, New Zealand. Most of my class are 12 & 13 years old, and our school year starts in February each year. Although I’ve run blogs in the past, this is my first year really focusing on it (and it’s the first year my class have had individual blogs).

I’m really loving the Student Blogging Challenge because it is giving me a chance to explore blogs from all around the world (like yours).

Wow! I really loved this video; I can understand why it makes you proud of your profession. They have captured your class beautifully. For me, it was also an insight into the way a class operates in another part of the world (although, I suspect your class is different from many other around you). Thank you for sharing.

Perhaps you could have a look at my blog, and see some of the things we are doing in our class.
    http://mrshoggatberkley.blogspot.co.nz/

Mrs Hogg

• I replied on your blog. LOVE IT! Hope you get the comment. I also sent an email. (Overkill, my apologies, but I, too, am new to this, at least the “larger world” part.)